“All these sights and sounds and smells will be yours to enjoy, Wilbur—this lovely world, these precious days…” ~ from Charlotte’s Web
The sights and sounds and smells of Christmas are what make the holiday come to life.
My favourite sights are:
1. Lit Christmas trees laden with decorations.
2. The excitement of little kids when they get something they really wanted. I still remember my youngest son dancing and jumping up and down with excitement when he received a Fisher Price castle with all its accoutrements—it was pure joy and happiness.
3. A present with my name on it—(I know it is better to give than receive, but admit it—we all like to receive).
My favourite sounds are:
1. The tinkle of jingle bells in the distance.
2. Choirs singing beloved Christmas carols.
3. Laughter at Christmas get-togethers.
My favourite smells are:
1. Stuffing or dressing—does not matter to me if it is inside or outside the turkey.
3. Cinnamon buns.
What are your favourite sights and sounds and smells of Christmas?