I embarked on a 200 words a day challenge on July 5th. Here are some things I have learned from the experience:
1. Never ask a question you do not want answered.
2. You can say a lot in 200 words.
3. Sometimes you cannot say enough in 200 words.
4. Most of my new posts will be no longer than 500 – 600 words; some of my previous posts have been 750-800 words and I think that may be a bit long.
5. Writing philosophical posts do not get the most hits or likes, but do garner some of the most interesting comments.
6. I wanted to say so much more in some of my 200 word posts.
7. Sometimes I wanted to say less.
8. I found myself expanding on some of the posts in my answers to the commenters because I could not say everything about the subject in 200 words.
9. I liked the challenge most days.
10. A couple of days I did not like the challenge – sort of like life.
11. I notice that number 3, number 6, and number 8 are saying the same thing in different words.
12. Only two more 200 word challenges left!