If you will remember, a couple of days ago I wrote a post contemplating the start-up of a new magazine. I have since done some thinking about it and decided to call it “Mess”. The following is an addendum to that post that I fashioned for my lengthier weekly column. As that radio guy used to say a lot: “And now for the rest of the story” ~
A little dose of reality in the otherwise perfect world of magazines has created a niche that I think can be filled with a slightly eccentric imagination ~ I think I may just start a magazine that shows “before” rather than “after” houses and call it “Mess”.
I think it might catch on—after all there are hoarders and collectors, too busy moms and dads, people who are more interested in intellectual pursuits than cleaning (that would be me ~ ha ha ha—okay I fell off my chair at that one), and some people who like to commune with dust bunnies. I envision “Mess” as having articles that would illuminate, celebrate, and reveal real life. Here are just a few examples:
1. Unmade beds are the ultimate sign of Happiness
2. Mess is the new Organized
3. Extend the life of your Vacuum Cleaner: Don’t Use It
4. Unexpected Guests? Spray Lemon Pledge in the Air
5. Let the Dust Bunnies Entertain at Your Next Holiday Party
6. Have a Clean Out Your Fridge Party (your guests get to eat anything that does not look like a science experiment)
7. How To Arrange Your Dirty Dishes Artfully
8. Cords: Don’t Hide Them Anymore ~ Celebrate Them!
9. What Your Dust Can Reveal About Your Personality
10. Crabgrass: It’s Green Isn’t It?
11. Who Would Rob This House?
12. Sheep: The New Lawn Mowers
What would your number 13 be?
- I am the “Before” (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)