We have all heard the maxim that “Ignorance is bliss”. Whether you believe this philosophical mind twister or not is a personal choice, but I present you with eight different “takes” or opinions on this very subject from brainyquote.com.
1. A pragmatic view and my personal favourite comes from the wisdom of Thomas Gray, who said: “Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.”
2. A comedic view expressed by Kim Hubbard: “Where ignorance is bliss, it’s foolish to borrow your neighbour’s newspaper.”
3. I agree with Adam Pascal. He said “Ignorance is bliss. I wish I still had some.”
4. Poetically, Jackie DeShannon probably sang: “Ignorance is a kind of bliss.”
5. Victoria Principal was being honest when she said: “Ignorance is not bliss, but in my case, (it) was.”
6. Tongue firmly planted in cheek I suspect, Carter Burwell said, “If not bliss, ignorance can at least be fun.”
7. Julianna Margulies felt that it needed no dressing up, she said simply: “I’m a believer in ‘Ignorance is bliss’.”
8. And my least favourite, but possibly the most true are these words from Philip Wylie: “Ignorance is not bliss – it is oblivion.”
What is your favourite take on the question of ignorance and bliss?
- Day 3 ~ What Bliss Is Not (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Bliss ~ 1/6/13 (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Unusual Bliss (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- ~ One ~ Happy New Year! ! ! ! ! ! ! ~ Resolution 2013 ~ Finding My Bliss (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Bliss Returns ~ Day 8 (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Finding My Bliss ~ Day 2 ~ January 2, 2013 (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)